Pages

Thursday 17 October 2019

My Waka Adventure

There I was, sitting in the waka. There were people everywhere at least 50 people I look be hide me there was 9 waka's. I said to someone" where are we going? what am I doing here?" then he said" we our going to find a new island" then we walk away. After that I think for a minute they most have fishing nets to catch fish the fishing net was made out of flax and the hock was carved from bones.

 The people on the wake was strong and brave to travelling to island that they did not know where they was going we might not even make it to the place that we are going to we might go in a circle and end up where we started. We where a few hours in and I was getting hungry so I was going to get some cake but I said to myself cool only fish so I cook up some fish  and that was that

4 months in I was getting used to being on the waka but I had sore bones for doing nothing but walking around the waka. But then I head some birds singing so we most be close but one of the man said" the birds that you can hear that means that we are getting close but people say that you can hear the birds from 5 metres away so we are getting there but not that close". This is cool I wonder if there is other people on the island I hope not we might be the first people there. Then I saw the green trees so high and the birds was ever where it was beautiful there was two islands. When we got there was a big hill. Boom! we hit the sand my legs sore I was wobbling off the boat. I got my heavy bag off the boat when we went up the hill there was a swap with flat land that was the best land that we hope for. After 1 year living there we made the name Christchurch.

Would you want to be on a waka that long and why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post